Running!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

This week I've really tried to start working on my health. I sporadically do this throughout the year, lose a few pounds, run a few miles and then life gets crazy and I fall of the wagon for a bit.

I follow a lot of fitness instagram accounts - I am nerdy like that but there are thousands of mamas trying to lose weight out there and get in shape! So inspiring. My two favorite accounts are Livylovestorun and mollyrunsforlife. For awhile now I've wanted to do a 5k - so I've been doing to couch to 5k training program.

Well a few ladies are trying to run 100 miles this month. WOW. That just isn't me yet but on March 10 I decided maybe I could shoot for 50 miles...and I am 17 miles in! Now I will say I am SLOW. Like it basically takes me an hour to run 3.2 miles which is a 5k....but hey, we all start somewhere.

It's spring break this week so Josh and I aren't at church on Wednesday and Thursday nights so I felt like I have had more time to be active. I am realizing that it's really hard to balance fitness goals, time with jesus, ministry, family, meals, work, a clean house and a small business. In this season I just can't do EVERYTHING well, hence this blog is not full of perfectly photoshopped images of my home....but it is documenting the real life daily struggles and thoughts so I am learning to be ok with that. It's ok if no one wants to pin your stuff::)






No comments:

Post a Comment